Audiolab 8000a / 8000s / 8200a Integrated Amplifier Stage 3 Upgrade
This Audiolab 8000a / 8000s / 8200a Integrated Amplifier Stage 3 Upgrade improves sound quality even further. Building on the Stage 2 upgrade we replace the noisy zener diode voltage regulation with our new Mini-Shunt Voltage Regulators . The end result is more clarity, openness and detail with the same smooth character. Treble becomes very sweet, clean and clear and there is more separation throughout the entire frequency range.
The Audiolab 8000a, 8000s & 8200a amplifier circuits are very similar, meaning the same upgrade applies to all three units.
Our Stage 3 upgrade includes:
- Replacement of the main power supply electrolytic capacitors to Mundorf MLytic
- Local decoupling capacitors are upgraded to the new Elna Cerafine
- Signal path capacitors upgraded to solid-film types rather than the sound-degrading electrolytic types fitted as standard
- Phono sockets replaced
- Phono stage upgrades also available
- Additional decoupling added in critical areas
- Extra PPS bypass capacitors added to aid high-frequency performance
- Additional, Quintessence discrete low-noise voltage regulation for Linestage
- 6 x Red Hill Audio Mini-Shunt Voltage Regulators